Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekend Roundup

Happy (late) Friday! By the time most of you read this, it'll probably be Saturday. But hey, I have an excuse. I had to visit the doctor, aka the Vampire Squad, earlier this week and what with all the blood they drained, I was out of it for about a day and a half. But I feel great now! Ahahahahaha! I don't even look all that pale any more! *thud* No, no, really. I feel awesome. Honest. *double thud*

But I digress, and since there's plenty going on, let's stop talking about the "fun" I've had the last couple of days and get onto the more interesting stuff, shall we? We shall.

First up, head over to Literary Escapism where the potentially most in-depth and accurate round-up of releases new and coming exists. Catch lots of info on books you might not have realized were out or about to be out, as well as contests, interviews, etc.

Then it's on to the reviews. See what Fantasy Literature and catty-wumpus thought of Alexander Outland: Space Pirate by G.J. Koch (yes, moi), what A.B. Keuser thought of Alien Proliferation, and what Alien Invasion at Science Fiction Reviews thought of When Josie Comes Home by A.E. Stanton (yes, also moi).

Then see what My Not So Vacant Shelf read in June and how she ranked and rated her reads. And Fictitious Musings shares a little more about the new cover for Alien vs. Alien.

Contest Reminders
There's a lot going on, contests-wise. There's still time to get entered to win one of 9 copies of The Night Beat that are up for grabs. True, the contest is for Hook Me Up! subscribers only. Not on? Get on! Send an email to gini@ginikoch.com with "Hook Me Up!" in the subject line and you'll be in and on your way to winning!

Marsheila Rockwell and I are doing a joint giveaway this month and two lucky winners will get both a copy of The Night Beat AND a copy of Skein of Shadows! The first half of the giveaway's large and in charge at her site (the second half will be at mine), so head over to They're Biodegradeable share which kick-ass heroine is your favorite, and get entered to win. Yes, is IS that easy!

In Person Reminders
San Diego Comic-Con. Me. There. Find me if you'll be there, too. Find me how? Look for the gal in the pink, sparkly cowgirl hat. But find me specifically at these events:
Guerrilla Marketing Panel, 8pm Saturday, July 14, Room 9
Stunted Fools and Scary-Ass Clowns Panel, 10am, July 15, Room 25ABC
Book Signing, 11:30am-12:30pm, July 15, Autograph Area, Table AA04


I'll be at CopperCon 32 from August 31-September 3. Lots going on, so if you're in or around the Greater Phoenix Metro Area, definitely make plans to join us on Labor Day Weekend!

It's quite a ways away, but I'll also be at Arizona Dreamin' May 31-June 1, 2013. Great event, lots of one-on-one time with a LOT of authors. Ticket prices start climbing bit by bit on August 1st, so if you're planning on attending, get your tickets now.

That's it for today. I hope to yap at you once more before I hit the road for Comic-Con and all that is great and good and massive about geekdom. So, have wonderful weekends and I'll catch you on the flip side! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and let's be readers out there!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home