Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Different Kind of News & Other Things

Hey there!

First off, I'm trying something new to save time -- yes, it's the old copy/paste ploy. I'm not really sure how it's going to translate to the Blog from the Hook Me Up! newsletter, but if it's not heinous, wow, does it save me a ton of time. So, if you love it or hate it (or don't care either way LOL), I'd appreciate you letting me know in comments so I know whether this is good for all y'all or not.

Now...I have some news. News that is not the normal news that I normally share. Some of you are going to hate this news, some are going to love this news, some are not going to care about this news. (What a build up, huh?)


Due to the fact that the hubs works, as I used to, for Corporate America, and due to the fact that this means that Corporate America has a lot of control over our lives, it seems that though we are both lifelong and happy Southwesterners, we're about to discover what it's like to be...Southeasterners.

We are being moved to Atlanta, GA. When we're going is somewhat up in the air, but by the start of January the hubs will be walking into an office in Atlanta that is not in our home (for the first time in over 15 years) and we will be fully moved by first quarter 2018, if not before.

So, what does this mean? 

Well, not too much for 2017, at least for all y'all. Deacon's Ark releases next week, The Deacon of Desert Springs is coming in the next month or two, the audiobook of The Legend of Belladonna Part 1: Natural Born Outlaws will be out by, they tell me, the end of summer, Aliens Abroad will be coming out in December, and all the anthologies I'm in are headed for publication in the next few months as well, plus hopefully more things as I can get them done. (We will NOT discuss my current track record for the whereabouts of Night Music or the next installment of the Martian Alliance, no we will not. They're coming. I swear. Just as Alexander Outland: Space Avenger is. Soon, they will be here. Cross my heart and hope to write like the wind.)

But the move means that 2018 will only see one Alien Series release -- Book 17, Aliens Like Us -- and it's likely coming out in August 2018. I plan to have my short story collection, The Alien Collection -- which will have all the Alien Series shorts that are in print, out of print, and not yet printed in it -- release in May 2018. (Yes, I said it was coming this year. I've chosen to ensure that there's a May Alien release of SOME kind in 2018, plus I really need to take the time to, you know, move.) And I plan to have other releases coming out during the rest of this year and next year as well.

For those of you who saw me all the time in the Southwest, or who have planned to see me but just haven't gotten around to it yet, your last easy chances for the foreseeable future are Westercon, San Diego Comic-Con, the High Desert Book Fair (and related signing events in Victorville, CA), and my December book tour (still being set up, but it will be the usual suspects and probably nothing extra).

For those of you who live in the Southeast, or within a reasonable distance from Atlanta, when I get my bearings, I do plan on being active in that region as I was in the one I've called home for all of my life, and I'm looking forward to all the new experiences and, hopefully, getting to see a lot of you in person for the very first time. (If it's a second time or more, I can't wait to see you again and now it will be easier!)

And, you know, for those of you who are too far away, um, well, you're probably still too far away. But, hey, hope likes to spring eternal, right? So, start looking at things like DragonCon (yes, I am hoping to be there in 2018) and other Atlanta-adjacent things.

But, speaking of seeing the me...

 
CHECK OUT ALL THE WAYS TO SEE THE ME
THIS SUMMER!

July 1-4
I'm the Local Author Guest of Honor at
Westercon70
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
Tempe, AZ
If you can only make it to one con this year, make this the one!

Find me at my tables in the Dealers Room and all over the con!

Click HERE for my Panel Schedule

AND DON'T MISS THE LAST EVENING EROTICA EVENT OF THE YEAR!




Haven't been to an Evening Erotica event and aren't sure what you're missing? Then check out The Two Gay Geeks' podcast from the event at Phoenix Comicon! Trust me, it's even funnier and more fun in person, and if you're there, you get to be the one winning the prizes!


July 19-23
San Diego Comic-Con
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA

Full Schedule to Come 

 

Don't miss seeing me this Summer - 
make your plans today!


Fall and Winter Dates are coming, so stay tuned!
 
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Need Things to Keep You Occupied Until
Aliens Abroad Releases?

 
We've got you covered.
Deacon's Ark, Book 2 of the New West
(by moi writing as A.E. Stanton)
is available for pre-order right now
from Amazon or Smashwords.
It goes on sale everywhere June 27
(and yes, you can get it from me directly at Westercon).

Head over to the Premieres page to
check out the cover! And don't forget to pre-order!
Speaking of The New West series, have you gotten Book 1, When Josie Comes Home (by moi writing as A.E. Stanton) yet? If not, why not? Head over to AmazonB&N.comSmashwords, orCreateSpace to order. Mysterious Galaxy has signed copies, and The Poisoned Pen can get personalized copies to you, too! And you can always get copies directly from me at Westercon, too!
Check out the Q&A I did over at Unbound Worlds about Alien Education and a whole lot more, and read about the biggest WTH moment (so far) of my book signing career!

Then, did you miss out on the Livestream event for Alien Education's book signing at The Poisoned Pen Bookstore? While I can't say that it had the same "zip" as the event described in the interview, it was still pretty darned fun. So, rectify and check it out!
Don't forget, the mass market re-release of Alexander Outland: Space Pirate (by moi writing as G.J. Koch) is available NOW, so get your copy from your favorite bookstore (Mysterious Galaxy and Barnes & Noble Victorville both have signed copies available, and you can get personalized copies via MG or The Poisoned Pen as well) or online retailer (such as Amazon or B&N.com). And you can always get copies directly from me at Westercon, too!
And now for some science!

Per SyFy Wire, a pair of black holes sent ripples of time to Earth. I think we all know that probably indicated when Algar came to town, so to speak.

Then, per HuffPost, an Aerospace executive is convinced that aliens are living on Earth. I think he's about to lose his security clearance and spend some time hanging out in the Dulce Science Center chatting with Christopher and Chuckie about why being a blabbermouth is a bad idea.

Per Yahoo News, cold spot discoveries could mean there are parallel universes out there. Which Kitty finds hilarious and all y'all already know about, but it's nice to see everyone else catching up.

And last but not least, per AIRS, NASA has discovered that we've created an artificial barrier around the Earth that protects it. ACE says hi and that ACE might be ready for ACE's closeup, but that ACE would prefer that Kitty do all the real talking.
And now, a little more about the whole moving thing.

The hubs and I grew up in Southern California, and we loved it. All our friends and family were there and we never planned to live anywhere else. But then I got that job with Corporate America and the first thing they said was, "You're moving to Phoenix."

So we did. We moved to Phoenix 22 years ago, and though I was leaving the home I loved with all my heart, I was excited, because Phoenix was also a place I loved. I had no idea that it would, essentially, give me my second career and show me the way to my "one thing" that I would do no matter what, which is writing. We made friends that became family, found our tribe, got a home we love, and created a new life in the Valley of the Sun. I love everything about Phoenix and Arizona, including the heat. (And yes, that's being tested this week. LOL) 

But now we're going to leave that. And, just as we did when we left Los Angeles, we're looking at Atlanta in the same way as we did with Phoenix -- we have no idea what this city will bring to us, but we know that wherever we go, we will find new friends, new family, and a new home we'll love. We're choosing to live by the Girl Scout Motto -- make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, and the other gold.

So, soon I'll be saying "goodbye my love" to Hell's Orientation Area and "hel-looo sailor!" to Hotlanta. I won't say that it's not bittersweet to do this, but I also won't say that it's not a cool adventure awaiting us. And, after all, cool adventures are my business.

Well, that's it for today but, as always, more's on the way. Enjoy the rest of your weeks, stay as cool as you can, and regardless of where you are, let's be readers out there! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love, Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Duncan said...

Works for me, and saving a busy writer time is generally a good thing. ;)

June 20, 2017 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

Looks good. And Yay I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'm about a couple hours from Atlanta. Dragoncon is fantastic and it's about time we get back there again. There is Chattacom also in Chattanooga tn

June 21, 2017 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Yay on format -- it saved me SO much time to do it this way, I was shocked that it worked. LOL

And yay on how close things are west of the Mississippi. Seriously, I mapped out what I consider my region and, for the Southeast, it's HUGE. LOL So yay on seeing everyone I haven't been able to see so far!

June 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Christina Callahan said...

Sorry you're having to move away from your home area, not sorry you're moving closer to me! Best wishes for a easy move for you, the hubs and the critters!

June 24, 2017 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home