Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Fun

Happy Friday! One big flurry on Monday and then...silence? What's up with THAT? Well, prepping and packing up 12 awesome prizes and then heading them to the Post Office takes a lot out of a girl. But as my Hook Me Up! subscribers already know, we have lots of fun stuff to get to today, so let's roll!

First up on today's hit parade is the announcement of the winners from the Janice Hardy interview and giveaway. The Gods of Random have made their choice, and here are the two lucky winners who get to pick which of her two awesome books, "The Shifter" or "Blue Fire", they want:

*drum roll, please*

Lisa Dovichi and Becky Boyer!

Ladies, respond on the blog or send me an email to confirm and I'll be sending you Janice's email address. Just tell her which book you want and she'll get it out to you!

Next, check out what Parajunkee's View is waiting for (hint: I think it starts with "Alien" and ends with "Tango"). Then bop over to My 5 Monkeys for her Friday fun...don't worry, she doesn't rub in TOO much that she's the winner of the "Alien Tango" ARC.

Have you been reading the cool, fun takes on all sorts of urban legends for the Spooky Legends event going on at Dark Faerie Tales and All Things Urban Fantasy? If you have, keep going, the event doesn't end until Oct. 31. If you haven't, check 'em out! And remember, my take on the UFO rumors goes up at Dark Faerie Tales on Sunday, Oct. 24. You don't want to miss it, especially since there's a contest attached to win a copy of "Touched by an Alien". (The giving ABOUNDS this month, dunnit?)

Event Reminders:
I'll be doing a table topic for my Desert Rose RWA chapter on Characters and Characterizaion at Macayo's Depot Cantina in Tempe, AZ on Tuesday, Oct. 26, starting at 5:30. I'll be at World Fantasy Con in Columbus, OH from Oct. 27th through Nov. 1st. And I'll be at TusCon in Tucson, AZ from Nov. 12-14.

Any aspiring or beginning authors in the Greater Phoenix Metro Area should plan to attend the Desert Rose Writers Workshop on Saturday, Nov. 20th. It's an all day event, with published authors as the only speakers, and...it's FREE. Even readers who are interested in the publishing industry and how writers write will find something for them, and again, it's FREE. This is the best deal around, so if you're in the area, make plans to attend.

That's it for today, I think. But no worries...there's always more coming, right? Of course right!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Marnie said...

Congrats ladies.

October 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Have you noticed that Becky literally can't lose? The Gods of Random seem to LOVE her. Just sayin'...

October 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Becky B. @ Bibliognome said...

Nice glad to have won, just got my Honorable Mention prize in the mail today too.
Maybe I'm destined to win something in all of your giveaways. :)
It is a good day of randomness, I won another book via a twitter giveaway.

October 22, 2010 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Becky, I think I speak for the entire Collective when I say: Pass some of that magic winning fairy dust AROUND, girlfriend!

October 22, 2010 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa Dovichi said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE!! I can't believe I actually WON something!!! WOOOFREAKINGHOOOOO

No, I'm not excited. Why do you ask?

Chicken, here I come. I asked for "The Shifter" WOOHOOOO!!!

Did I mention I won??

I WON!!!!

(not very gracious but I can't contain my excitement)

October 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Congrats, Lisa! I know, you don't have the same "winning gene" that Becky seems to, so good on yer for catching the Gods of Random's eyes!

October 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Katie Dalton said...

I swear the contest is rigged! *cough* I mean congrats on winning. *rolls eyes*

lol

October 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Oh, like you don't win more than your share, too, Katie? LOL

October 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Congratulations ladies! Glad to know someone is having a good day! And my lack of luck just continues on.....

October 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Keep trying, Brandy. I'm sure some of Becky's lucky fairy dust will rub off on you...perhaps soon!

October 23, 2010 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger Shiori @ Panic in the Lingerie said...

Congratulations, Lisa and Becky!

Definitely looking forward to your Dark Faerie Tale post over at All Things Urban Fantasy, Gini. Getting daily tales from so many amazing authors is a serious Halloween treat! :D

October 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Isn't it a cool event, Shiori? I'm really jazzed to be in it!

October 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home