Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Humping in the House

Hope everyone's had a great week so far! I'm still working on Alien Research (Almost done! Almost done! Ahahahahahaha, I'm almost done! *cough* Sorry...), but there's lots going on, so have to catch all y'all up!

First up, Alien in the House releases next Tuesday! And, just so you know, pre-orders still matter. Right up until the day before they matter. (After that they're, um, just orders, that also matter a heck of a lot.) So, if you haven't yet pre-ordered your copy, do your girl a solid and rectify that today.

And, just to give you some incentive, check out Deathless Prose where the opener and first chapter of Alien in the House are live on the scene. Then head over to My Bookish Ways for a full listing of May's releases. And The Brainpan is also promoting Alien in the House. It's a block party!

After that, let's check out some reviews. First up, see what Larissa's Bookish Life thinks of Alien in the House. Then see what the DAW Books Review thinks of Alien Diplomacy, and what Ohhh My Shelves and a different reviewer at Silk Screen Views thought of Touched by an Alien.

Some interesting writer-type stuff that's come down my particular pike includes a piece from Writer Unboxed about what not to do when beginning a novel, and includes thoughts from my awesome agent. And Slate shares the Strange Horizons report on women in SF/F. Not sure I agree with them -- what's your take?

I still haven't seen G.I. Joe: Retribution yet, because I'm still on deadline. But that's my first must-see movie the moment Alien Research goes to my awesome editor. And, as for why, I give you this from Pinterest.

For those of you in the Greater Phoenix Metro Area, I'll be doing a Short Story Workshop this Saturday, May 4th, at the Queen Creek Library and I'll be signing Alien in the House at The Poisoned Pen on Wednesday, May 8th, the day after release day.

Right after that, I head to San Diego for the Mysterious Galaxy 20th Birthday Bash. My official time is from 11am-12pm, but I'll be there from 10am to close, so if you're in Southern California, come on by!

After that, it's two great cons back to back. First up will be Phoenix Comicon from May 23-26 and then Arizona Dreamin' from May 31-June 2. Hope to see many of you at both!

I'll be bounding all over the interwebs in the next few weeks as well, and there will be much running of the yap and many giveaways in my wake. I'll also be one of the many authors over at Angels of Retribution talking about character names.

That's it for today, but as always, more's on the way. So enjoy the downward slide to the weekend and let's be readers out there! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home