Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Met...I Met...Everybody!

Well, perhaps not quite 'everybody', but it was darned close.

As you know, I attended the 2009 World Fantasy Con in San Jose this past weekend. And what a great weekend it was. I had a fab time -- getting to meet my most awesome editor in person, getting to attend the DAW authors' dinner, getting to hang with my wickedly cool agent...and more!

I got to meet authors. So very many authors. So very many famous authors.

In no particular order (since they all rock beyond measure), here's just a sampling of who I got to meet, shake paws with, and undoubtedly fawn over to the point of being a groupie: Tim Powers, Tad Williams, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Robert Silverberg, L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Gordon Van Gelder, Sherwood Smith, and David Drake. And there were more, so many more. (I didn't want to wash my hands, after all the meetings, but I figured the other authors would appreciate it, so I did. That's me, Ms. Self-Sacrifice.)

I also shamelessly showed off my fantastic cover and shared that "Touched by an Alien" is available right now for pre-order from Amazon.com and Borders.com. Because, you never know -- maybe they'd all like to read a fast and funny science fiction novel loaded with action, adventure and romance. I mean, why not, right?

Of course right.

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tina Lynn said...

But...what did you wear?

November 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

LOL, Tina. It was freezing in the hotel -- I wore earpops, scarves, and sweaters.

Oh, and my Aerosmith thermal top, of course. ;-D

--Gini

November 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home