Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Train Kept A'Rollin'...

...all night long!

And for those of you too uncool to instantly recognize those lyrics, they're vintage Aerosmith. Who I saw Monday night. Along with ZZ Top. From good seats, I have to add.

*we pause while all readers go green, purple and red with envy*

Sadly, they weren't the best seats. Then again, that's why I'm not in jail for trying to get up onto the stage and have my way with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. The hubs never thinks that's cute, for some reason...

But the concert was, as all Aerosmith concerts are, awesome. ZZ Top was, as is their wont, excellent. It was, as is the case here in Hell's Orientation Area in the middle of summer, hotter than Hades and the venue was our fab outdoors one.

You couldn't tell how hot it was by the bands. They rocked like they were in great air conditioning. You could tell by the water bottles -- it was the kind of hot where beer and daiquiris didn't seem refreshing enough and the majority of the crowd was on water by the middle of ZZ Top's set.

Not that I cared. No, I cared that, for some reason, Aerosmith did not play for 6 hours straight. Of course, even if they had, they still wouldn't have hit every song I wanted to hear.

On a sad note, Joe Perry did NOT take his shirt off. I know! What's up with THAT? It was certainly hot enough to have warranted it, even if he didn't have the best pecs and abs in all of rock. He did, however, have his hair all 'Rogued Out' (white skunk stripes just in the front, for those of you who somehow have missed the X-Men in the course of your sad, non-comic-book-aware lives), which looked cool. Joe and Steven both, as always, were totally hot.

Even the hubs admitted it was a great show, though on the way out, he said, "I don't think Steven Tyler's all that great. He seems over the top and I don't get why you think he's sexy."

To which I replied, "Because you're a straight male, um, DUH." I then proceeded to spend the ride home explaining just why lead singers should be over the top, why Steven is hot, why Joe is also hot, how unfair it was that I could only see part of Joe's chest all night, and so forth.

So, you know, a good time was had by all. (That'll teach the hubs to diss Screamin' Steven Tyler to ME, now, won't it?)

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, why do people think Steven Tyler is hot? He makes me think of a witchdoctor, for some reason.

*ducks and runs*

July 30, 2009 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

ROFL. Hey, I'm going to choose to read that as you saying Steven Tyler is bewitching. Which is true.

Besides, he can cast his spell on me ANY time. ;-D

-- Gini

July 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I like Steven Tyler, too! He's cool and still looks good even though he's been around a long time.

July 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Exactly! See? The discerning choose Steven Tyler over all substitutes.

And the man looks AWESOME live for his age. (I suppose saying I'd do him in a New York Minute is redundant, isn't it?)

-- Gini

July 31, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was jealous, until I saw where the concert was. You are a better man than I am, Gunga Din. They would have hauled me out in an ambulance with heat stroke.

MaryL

August 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

LOL, we were close to heat stroke, Mary, believe me.

For me? It was more than worth it. For the hubs? Well, it made me happy, and that's what really matters, right? :-D

-- Gini

August 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger WKEverhart said...

With all due respect to Steven Tyler, Bob Seger could break him in half. Not that I want to see poor old (and I mean that in the nicest way) Bob get in trouble. I'd pay money to see Seger. I can't say I'd pay to see Tyler. I'd only go to an Aerosmith concert if someone else was picking up the tab. :D Sorry, Gini. Just saying.

September 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home