Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Roundup

Happy Thursday!

Well, as my Hook Me Up! subscribers already know, my big news is that I didn't have to go to Jury Duty yesterday. Yes, truly, I was all prepared -- heavy pen, iPod, hairspray, bad attitude -- but I was released from bondage the night before, and so got to spend the day doing crazy things like writing. I know! What was the courts system thinking?

But enough of my dashed dreams of stopping a forming superbeing or getting to explain the real reasons no one wants me on their jury to a bunch of lawyers and a judge, let's get onto the newsy stuff.

Examiner.com Tucson has an interview up with yours truly regarding the Tucson Festival of Books. If you're planning to attend the 4th largest festival in the country, be sure to let me know you're coming, catch my panel, and find me at the Mysterious Galaxy booth! More details as we get closer to the date.

In review news, Night Owl Reviews has a new review of "Alien Tango", and Errant Dreams Reviews has a great review up of "Boondocks Fantasy" (where I have a short story included under my Anita Ensal pen name).

BookMom has now added photographic proof to show that her purse really is like Kitty's. And My 5 Monkeys is chatting about what books various bloggers are buzzing about. And, because I cannot help but share this, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith has a Q&A article about American Idol and, what interests me more, Aersomith up at AZCentral.com. There's a new Aersomith album coming, which makes me the happiest author around! (Though it's like the worst pic of him they could possibly find...what's up with THAT newspeople?)

Coming up, on Jan. 20th I'll be guest blogging at Book Lovers Inc. for their blogoversary. On Jan. 24th & 25th it's my first EVER live chats over at Tigris Eden's Forbidden Fruits & Carnal Pleasures -- remember you need to register for the chat -- that's also loaded with awesome giveaways. And on Jan. 28th the Dueling Authors interview with me and Joshua Palmatier will go live at the DAW Books Community.

The website is getting a much-needed updating. New things are up at Free Stuff, the Alien Collective Depot, Cool Links, Sightings in the Wild, and the Blog Roll (see the sidebar...the now very, very LONG sidebar :-D). More updates to come. (Yes, we're keeping Team Gini busy!)

Speaking of busy, my galley edits for "Alien in the Family" should be arriving shortly. So while you may not hear a ton from me next week (um, 'cause I have a week to do said edits on the longest book by far in the series), know that I'll be thinking of all of you. And only spending some of that time wishing you could help me with the editing.

In case I don't yap at you all before then, everyone have a wonderful Martin Luther King, Jr. day and remember to be good to one another!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

I plan on enjoying all the links you've shared. If you being scarce means we get Alien in the Family, by all means! Though we'll miss you! *G*

January 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Yep, that's what the upcoming radio silence, such as it is and will be, will be for. Galley edits wait for no one. Literally. LOL

January 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home