Monday, December 17, 2012

Mega-Announcement Monday

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I sure did. It was great seeing so many of you at Barnes & Noble Desert Ridge on Friday -- made me want to do signings every night. I also got to hang out with awesome author Weston Ochse at his signing for SEAL Team 666 at the Poisoned Pen the next day. So a busy weekend was had by moi. But, as my Hook Me Up! subscribers already know, there's a LOT going on, especially in terms of announcements -- some I've been dying to tell you, some just discovered -- so let's get to it!

Where to start, where to start...well, let's start with this: Alien vs. Alien made the Barnes & Noble Bestseller list in its first week of release! Whoo double Hoo! And THAT is all because of all of you! Thank you for pre-ordering and buying -- all y'all rock above all others!

Speaking of which, see what A Buckeye Girl Reads and Night Owl Reviews thought of Alien vs. Alien. And if you somehow haven't gotten your copy yet -- rectify!

Speaking of rocking above all others, the Alien Collective Virtual HQ has something I think you're all gonna love -- and that's the world premiere of the cover for Alien in the House! I love this cover, and I'm pretty sure you all will, too. I can't wait until it's on the entire bookie wookie, either, can you? (Required reminder: It's never too early to pre-order -- Alien in the House, coming May 7, 2013.)

Since we've mentioned upcoming books, it's time to share something new about new upcoming books. Turned out that as I was finishing Alien in the House, I realized that the characters had a lot to do. Lots and lots and lots to do. So much to do, in fact, that it's requiring another book. And because I have the best editor in the world and DAW is the best publisher in the world, I'm getting to do that additional book. SO, officially, Alien Research will now be Book 8, coming December 2013, with Alien Collective/Book 9 coming May 2014, Universal Alien/Book 10 coming December 2014, and Alien Separation/Book 11, coming May 2015. (And there was much rejoicing, at least by me and the characters. Trust me, the characters and I NEED Alien Research.) 

Right now you're all thinking, "Wow, those are some epic announcements. Bet she's about to say that's it for today." And right now I can tell you -- you're wrong. Because...wait for it...there's MORE.

Because I'm not busy enough (apparently) and feel that even an hour of sleep is too much (really apparently), when Slice of SciFi and It's Comic Book Day graciously asked me to become their featured guest columnist and frequent yet random podcast guest/commentator, I said, "Yes! Yes! Me! Pick me!" So, beginning in January, you'll get more doses of moi sharing my thoughts on all things comics and related at regularly random intervals. I know, like you don't hear from me enough already. But now, you get MORE. I'm a giver, me.

Again you think I'm done, and again I say I'm not. As with the others, this announcement is pretty darned huge. As with the others, I could have doled them out, one per day. But no. No, I decided to do it ALL today and overwhelm and astound, 'cause that's the kind of girl I am. So...here it comes...Mega-Announcment #5...

DarkCon 2014, Jan. 16-19, 2014/Thurs.-Sun. of MLK Weekend, has asked me to be the Local Author Guest of Honor! And that's not all. They've also heard your pleas for a Gini Con of some kind. Well, when my fans cry out in the darkness, the Dark Ones listen. Not only will I be the Local GoH, but they're officially making all day Sunday of the con Gini Con -- all about the me and all about the you! So, start saving up, book the time off of work right now, lock those babysitting arrangements in place, plan to vacation where the weather's always better in the winter, and come to the Dark Side with me in 2014! Details will continue to follow, but truly, this is going to be a stellar opportunity, and the other Guests of Honor are gonna be awesome, too. You don't want to miss this one!

Whew. Well, finally, we reach the end of the Epic Announcements of Epicness. Enjoy the start of what's likely to be a hectic, but hopefully joyous, week, and I'll catch you on the flip side. Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and let's be readers out there!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home