Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Names and Other Strangers

Happy Hump Day! Well, Arizona Dreamin' was a lot of fun, and coming right after Phoenix Comicon means I was also a lot of tired. LOL But I'm done with cons until San Diego Comic-Con next month, so revving back up. My con wrap up is coming (still), but there's again so much going on that it'll have to wait while we get to all the new!

First off, head over to Shadowhawk's Shade where the yap is large and in charge, talking about names and how I create and use them.

Next, head over to The SF Site and see what they thought of Alien vs. Alien.

Others have managed to get their Phoenix Comicon recaps done. So, head over to I Smell Sheep for some fun con pics, to They're Biodegradeable for Marcy Rockwell's take on things, and to More Geek Than Gay  for a full blown (2.5 hours!) worth of podcast mostly about the con, complete with clips.

Some of you have asked, and Team Gini has answered. There's now a complete, easy-to-read Bibliography  at the website, linked off of the Bookstore page. So, check out what deathless prose of mine you might be missing.

Change to the information on DarkCon
-- I was told the wrong dates, so here are the REAL dates for this con: January 9-12, 2014. SO, please alter the plans made and make plans to attend -- I'm the Local Author Guest of Honor and it's gonna be a big party you don't want to miss!

And now, for something kind of completely different. Two somethings, really. First, for those of you who've been asking me when the next Alexander Outland book would be coming, I direct you to Media Bistro and A View From Corona for the explanations of why there's been no sign of Book 2 and why I can't tell you when Book 2 will be coming. But I do plan on writing at least two more books in the Alexander Outland series...I just can't yet tell you when to expect them.

Second, there's another kind of drama going on related to SFWA. For a good recap, check out this article at Adweek. Then check out the plethora of author responses, nicely collected by author Jim Hines. Then...I wasn't going to actually participate in all of this, feeling that Kitty and Victoria and my other female characters already speak my thoughts clearly, but author Stuart Sharp has pulled me into it, with the Huffington Post coming down firmly on the side of women authors being allowed to write whatever they want, and Sharp giving his rebuttal of same.

My response to this will be my June column at Slice of SciFi/It's Comic Book Day!, going up somewhere in the very near future, just as soon as my editor there can find the appropriate beefcake and women in uniform shots.

That's it for today, but as always, more's on the way, hopefully but not limited to my con recaps. So, enjoy the downward slide towards the weekend and let's be readers out there! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home