Monday, February 2, 2009

Bling, Bling!

I had lunch with one of my BFFs today.

You know how you can tell when one of your friends is a BFF, not merely a GF?

Well, among the ways --

She tells you that she misses you and manages to drag your butt out of the house where it lives most days. And then marvels with you at what that sun and air stuff is while you both laugh at the idea that neither one of you have been out in the middle of the day for, like, AGES.

She listens to your tales of both woe and excitement and has the right things to say every time. Including, "I can't wait to hold your book in my hands!" (We authors are really easy that way.)

She remembers your birthday and brings you a gift. *sniff*

Yeah, you got that right. I GOT ME SOME NEW BLING!!! Courtesy of one of my BFFs. She ALSO bought my lunch. And when another one of our BFFs showed up -- in that totally Kismet way when none of you actually knew you were in the area but all congregated at the same place -- she bought her lunch, too.

So, I got a fun little late semi-impromptu birthday party with fun friends. And BLING!

I'm a simple creature, really. With awesome BFFs.

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger WKEverhart said...

Happy belated b'day and congrats on the bling. I'm back here in the hills, alone (if you don't count Buddy, my bassett hound)and I remain blingless. Don't I sound envious? You betcha! I haven't had a free lunch in ages.:D

February 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bling, the birthday, and the lunch. Birthdays, we all have them. The only way I get bling or lunch is to buy them myself.

MaryL

February 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Thanks, you guys! Both the lunch and the bling were a surprise, so it was really cool. Makes getting older fun. :-D

--Gini

February 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home