Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My New Year's Resolutions

Seeing as it's that time of year again, when everyone makes resolutions they'll break by January 10th, I figured I'd get mine out of the way early.

This year, in no particular order, I resolve to:

1. Put off until tomorrow what I could do today
2. Possibly eat right and exercise, but resent it when I do
3. Do the things I enjoy a lot and the things I don't as little as possible; this includes cleaning the house (guess which side that one falls on)
4. Re-read all of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett while hoping I get to meet him one day
5. Consider reading the various nonfiction books I own, and then going back and re-reading 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' by Lemony Snicket instead, who, based on his 'life story' I don't think I actually want to meet
6. Avoid the news as much as humanly possible, under the continually-proved theory that if it's really important someone will tell me about it, and if no one tells me about it, it probably doesn't matter
7. Consider catching up on my collection of Details magazines but instead merely thumb through and look at all the pictures of hot-looking men, frequently
8. Think about getting a place for everything and putting everything in its place, then move the stuff on my desk into different piles and call it good
9. Consider watching all the new DVDs we got over the holidays, but instead end up watching the same dozen I adore over and over and over again
10. Listen to lots of music from a wide variety of genres and decades as constantly as possible while purchasing new music as often as I can
11. Consider telling every blowhard in my life where to stick it then write an action scene instead
12. Consider catching up on all the literary bestsellers but then re-reading every book by P.J. O'Rourke instead while hoping I get to meet him one day
13. Worship Aerosmith while hoping I get to meet Steven Tyler and Joe Perry one day

There you go, a baker's dozen. I should be able to carry these through without a problem for all of 2009. After all, I've been doing most of them for most of my life.

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WKEverhart said...

My New Year's resolution is just that, ONE resolution. I resolve to get an agent this year. It's that old "as a man speaketh so he is" Biblical thing. I WILL get an agent. I WILL get an agent! I WILL be offered representation. (Psst..do you think the cosmos heard me?)
Happy New Year!

January 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Good resolution, Willie! And, I'm sure the cosmos heard. And they will obey, too! Right? :-D

--Gini

January 3, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home