Saturday, November 22, 2008

Off...to Las Vegas...

...go north, the hunt is on. (A little something for you Johnny Horton fans out there. You know who you are.)

It's on. The man and I are heading for the City of Lights, the City That Never Sleeps, the City That Takes Your Money -- we're going to Vegas, baby!

I don't expect to win (much), but I do expect to eat, drink and be merry. And then go to SoCal and visit the 'rents and cook the turkey (yes, it's true, they leave the bird to me...why ask why?). And then come merrily home to collapse. And, possibly, write about it.

Conveniently, I need to go location scouting for books, and in both cities, too. So I'm sure this will all be tax deductible, right? Right? ESPECIALLY if we win big. Then that MUST be tax deductible, right? Right? (Of course, the chances of us winning big are in direct proportion to the likelihood that we will gamble enough to make winning a possibility. And we won't. So, for all you CPAs out there, no worries, we're cool.)

So, on the (likely) chance I don't 'see' all of you until after the big day, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I leave you with Gini's Holiday Tip #1: If you put in enough wine, everything -- the turkey, the vacation, that boring relative who won't leave you alone, driving all over creation with your spouse, visiting your parents, boredom, the dessert -- comes out great. So, live by the motto of, "More wine!"

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WKEverhart said...

Happy Turkey Day! Are there any turkeys in Vegas? I've heard stories. As for the tax thing? Uncle Sam will find you out. Be careful, very careful out there. :D

November 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

I like to live on the edge, baby! LOL

Have a great one, yourself!

-- Gini

November 22, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home