Saturday, January 10, 2009

Walking Dead?

I need to find my resting pulse. Because, as near as I can tell, I've misplaced it somewhere.

See, I have to do this medical-type thing for work -- to get money. Believe me, that's the only reason why I go near medical anything. And part of the thing is that I have to figure out my resting pulse. Only...I can't find it.

I mean, I know how to find it. I know which fingers to use and where to press and everything. They even provide clear instructions with pictures. And unless you're supposed to press so hard you stop the flow of blood completely, I'm doing it right.

Only...no pulse. At all. And yet, here I am, talking, walking about, eating, sleeping, typing. All without a pulse.

So, my question is -- did I turn into an undead and just don't know it? And, if that's what's happened, how is it I missed all the fun stuff normally associated with this kind of transition?

I mean, no vampire swooped in, swept me off my feet, and proposed eternal life along with some serious necking. No werewolf panted up and humped my leg. I think someone would have mentioned if I'd gotten a love bite from a zombie, though the difference in the morning hours between me and a zombie is mostly skin tone. No ghostly visitations, no warlock waving his wand around, not even any witches hissing at me. I have no pulse and yet at the same time, no fun story to show for it, either.

Unlife's not fair, is it?

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you really are undead. You know, the post-living are always the last to know. It's like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense....

January 10, 2009 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

LOL, good point. Hmmm...I'll have to ask the hubs what he thinks. Then again, maybe I'll interpret his answers wrong because he'll be muttering to or about me but won't see me.

I CAN say this -- my pets know I'm still alive, if the dog howls and cat meows every time I move near their food or treats is any indication.

-- Gini

January 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger WKEverhart said...

Very interesting, as someone on "Laugh-In" once said. The Bruce Willis thing might be it, but even he had the memory of the event from which his death spawned. Then there's Nicole Kidman in "The Others." Maybe you should float on over to the library and check out recent obits. No telling what you'll read there. UH? Can you go outside during daytime hours?:D

January 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Apparently I'm just sooooo in shape that my resting pulse is really low. Or something. LOL. I've been out in the daylight, in the moonlight, and people seem to be seeing me.

It's a mystery.

-- Gini, the Pulseless One

January 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were undead. I mean, even though you have no REAL story, it's always fun to make things up, yes? I mean, this is the business you're in, after all; MAKING THINGS UP.
loves, bye now!

February 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home