Thursday, April 2, 2009

What's Need Got To Do With It?

As some of you may have guessed, I like the color pink. Oh, not for everything. And I'm not exclusive to pink. I adore black, too. And various greens. And blues. But I like pink a whole lot. (Blame that on Aerosmith, I'm sure, like so many other quirks of mine.) I especially like things that are pink that, say, shouldn't be pink.

For example, I got a cute little Acer laptop for Christmas. I didn't desperately need it (anyone sensing a trend?) but they're very cool, and small and lightweight, and inexpensive (well, for a laptop) and the kicker was -- mine is pink. And, I found a pink mouse to go with it. I'm stylin', baby!

And now, now I have the coup de grace...I have a pink phone. A pink smartphone. A pink Blackberry, to be exact. A pink Blackberry Pearl to be even more exact.

Oh, yes, to be sure, I didn't need a new phone, smart or not. (Yes. It's officially a trend. Though I think the hubs feels it's more like a lifestyle choice.) And, I spent a fortune on a lime green smartphone only last year. (And the less the hubs thinks about that, the better.) But it wasn't doing all that it was supposed to be able to do, for a variety of reasons, and this one was on a mega sale and, well...the deal closer, the final push over the edge? "Before you decide," the salesman said, "let me mention that we also have this in pink." And I said, "Where do I sign?"

It's a nice phone, and it seems at least reasonably intelligent and it could truly turn out to be smart, and so far I'm pleased. It's smaller than my lime green smartphone (which was, for me, more like an average-student-phone that dressed snappy), but so far seems to be doing all that it's supposed to, and I'm not having too much trouble learning its ins and outs. And, I'm willing to cut it a little more slack than my nifty lime green smartphone because, well...it's pink.

Pink...it's my new obsession.

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if they had it in purple, I *might* be interested. Pink just ain't my thing. Like we used to say back in the sixties 'different strokes for different folks'. But may you be happy together.

MaryL

April 3, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

LOL. Who knows? I'll wager a purple model couldn't be too far behind...

--Gini

April 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger WKEverhart said...

Like Mary, 'pink' isn't my thing. Now, the green phone, that's more my thing. But...gadgets and me? Well, we don't get along very well. Gadgets don't work for me, never have. They pretend they're going to work, maybe even give me a couple of days to lull me into a burgeoning level of confidence, then SMACK! They fail me when I need them most. Unlike the rest of the modern world, I'll just stick to my landline.:D

April 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

I'll bet if I sent you my lime green phone that you'd love it. ;-D

--Gini

April 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home