Sunday, May 10, 2009

In the Pink

My daughter is wonderful.

As many of you have managed to guess, I'm into the pink. It's starting to really take over, too. Why ask why, right?

So, I asked for a variety of things for Mother's Day, because the hubs has trained me into providing a list. Without a list, the man is helpless to shop for his beloved (me, in case you weren't sure) and would come home with the collected works of The Three Stooges if left to his own devices. With a list he did a fine job, presents-wise.

My daughter, however, is possessed of much more shopping savvy. It helps that she's a girl, I'm sure, but she just knows how to actually look at something and go, "My mother would love/hate this." She resists the list. I give it to her and she ignores it. Because she knows she can find something not on the list that will be a total, happy surprise.

This year was no exception. I'm proudly wearing a beautiful heart pendant that says "Mom" on it that has...wait for it...three pink sapphire hearts in it. (Pink!) And she saved up and bought it with her own money, too. (Bonus!)

Of course, I have no other pink jewelry. I know! Unbelievable! I'm feeling confident, however, that come my anniversary and the Holidays, that will be rectified.

By my daughter, of course. I expect the hubs to still need a list. And jewelry doesn't belong on a list. As my daughter knows, it's better when it's a surprise.

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger WKEverhart said...

I got a card, albeit a nice card. I don't do lists. No men in my life. My late husband always relied on flowers for all occasions. Roses. Red. But I did get a card this year. :D

May 14, 2009 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

A card is nice! It's the thought and all that. Oh, sure, that's not what I say to MY family and all, but it's still true. :-D

--Gini

May 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Hilary in East Anglia said...

Ahh, but those of us in the know understand that the DD is really a "minime". Hugs to you all! :D PS - I got a rawk!

May 22, 2009 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

And a good minime she is, too!

Was it a nice rawk? :-D

--Gini

May 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home