Thursday, September 8, 2011

CopperCon Recap

I'm back! Yeah, I know, I was back Monday night. But, um, well...I was busy. Unpacking, checking the new swag that'll be part of the next Hook Me Up! exclusive contest, and generally collapsing, in between writing and editing like a fiend.

But, couldn't leave you without the CopperCon recap, now, could I? Okay, yes it's me. I could. But I won't. See how good I am to you?

This is a smaller but quite engaged and engaging con, with a lot of fun panelists and attendees. After Comic-Con, which is so huge and frenetic, it's nice to hit CopperCon and get to hang out, relax, and just do it. (No, I couldn't resist the Frankie Goes to Hollywood tie-in. Sue me.)

The word of the con (per my posse, at any rate) was: Mollusks. This was especially fun on the Writing Erotic Fiction panel.

I got to run the yap quite a lot, which we all know I live to do. I also got to panel with some awesome authors and one musician. In no order of their awesomeness, I rocked and rolled with: Marsheila Rockwell, Jeff Mariotte, Jacqueline Lichtenberg, Carrie Vaughn, Janni Lee Simner, Emily Devenport, Janeen O'Kerry, David Lee Summers, Chris Swanson, Jack Mangan, and Darren Reale.

Also got to see and hang with some awesome Alien Collective Members in Very Good Standing (waves madly to Anna, Penni, Raul, Terry, and Vaughn) and got to meet new friends and teach them the Alien Way. All in all, a lovely con, even if I didn't get enough sleep by far.

In other news, check out the latest releases and sales in SFR over at The Galaxy Express. Then check out Liz Writes who's giving away a ton of Comic-Con swag, including something from moi.

More coming before the week's out. But until then (um, you know, tomorrow), have fun and let's remember to be readers out there!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

The Galaxy Express had an interesting question earlier this week, about Sci-Fi Romance.
Glad you had a good time! Hope you're getting time to relax!

September 9, 2011 at 3:14 AM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Yeah, TGE always has interesting articles. No relaxing time for me, Brandy -- too many deadlines to relax! LOL

September 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home