Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Steampunk vs. Aliens

Happy Tuesday! Well, I'm heading off to San Diego Comic-Con, but I'm going to catch you up on all the happenings before I go.

First off, let's check out some reviews. See what I Smell Sheep thought of Alien in the House. Then see what Under the Covers thought of Touched by an Alien.

Then, check out who Larissa's Bookish Life chose as her Favorite Fictional BFFs.

Next, head over to Slice of Sci Fi for a new webcast, Sci-Fi Stamps, and find out, among many other cool things, what I would have named Pluto's two recently discovered moons if I'd had the chance.

Now, for some big news. I'm going to be a part of a really cool anthology, CLOCKWORK UNIVERSE: STEAMPUNK VS. ALIENS, from new small press Zombies Need Brains. I know! So awesome! And check out this awesome cover art, "Steampunk Octopus", by Alex Broeckel!

This anthology is going to be funded via Kickstarter, and among the things you can choose to support the antho is tuckerization in my story and others'. What's tuckerization? The author names a character after you. And, GUARANTEED, whoever buys my tuckerization will be a major supporting character (or one of the leads, should your name "sound right"). I KNOW. When do opportunities like this come around, right? Well, this one comes around tomorrow. The link goes live on Wednesday (meaning, you know, I'll be at SDCC), but all the details are at the Zombies Need Brains Facebook page so don't miss out! While you're there, also

Tuckerizations and some other really cool level options are expected to go fast, so definitely check it out sooner as opposed to later. And, as with all thinks Kickstarter, even a dollar matters, so please, give what you can for what's going to be a really awesome anthology.

How awesome, you ask? Here are a few of the other authors who are going to be in this antho with me: Scott Lynch, Seanan McGuire, Ian Tregillis, Gail Z. Martin, Bradley Beaulieu, and Caitlin Kittredge! So, definitely check out the CLOCKWORK UNIVERSE Kickstarter campaign, starting tomorrow!

Reminder that my SDCC schedule is here at the Blog, just a couple entries down, so if you're heading to San Diego, be sure to come and see the me!

Everyone who won't be enjoying the biggest geekfest on the planet be sure to have a wonderful week and even better weekend. I'll be checking in on Facebook and Twitter as time permits, but otherwise, I'll catch all y'all on the flip side. So, peace out my li'l gangstas, and let's be Steampunk vs. Aliens readers out there!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home