Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Slicing Roundup

Happy Tuesday! Apologies for being so utterly silent last week. I've been traveling so much (and am about to do so again) and I just needed the time to try to get some semblance of caught up. (Oh, and the less said about HOW caught up I actually am, the better. LOL) But, I'm about to head off to WorldCon in San Antonio, and much went on last week and this, so, let's get to it, shall we? We shall!

First up, boeklogboek had one question for me, and I answered it, so see what all's out there and coming from all the many names that make up me. After that, check out what KD Did It Takes on Books thought of Alien in the House.

And now, to keep you busy while I'm at WorldCon, let's get caught up on a lot of video and YouTube coolness. First up, I was in the Slice of SciFi studio (on the hubs' birthday, no less -- hey, he told me to go), and we had a blast. So, don't miss Rifftrax: Starship Troopers,  where we talk about Reed Richards -- I mean Elon Musk -- and Edwards AFB does its best to make one of Alien Tango's major plot points obsolete; Cows in Space, wherein we really go off on a mooooving riff and talk San Diego Comic-Con; and Feedbackpalooza: UFO Road Trip, where we reply and respond to listener questions and feedback, I pimp out Kaiju Rising, and the space cow returns! See? Lots and lots of moi to keep you company while I'm deep in the heart of Texas.

Speaking of Kaiju Rising, that Kickstarter campaign will be starting soon, so if you like horror and/or giant monsters, this is the anthology for you!

Many thanks to all of you who supported the Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs. Aliens Kickstarter -- we fully funded and made several stretch goals! Can't wait for all of you to get to read this anthology, especially because my first ever Alien series short story will be a part of it!

Speaking of Kickstarter, one of my favorite artists, Gilead, has a new Kickstarter going for his new line of Goblinz coloring books, so check it out and support it if you're able. Now, an appeal. A friend of a friend of mine (author Eric Penner Haury) is trying to raise money and awareness to help combat her friend's ovarian cancer, and she's trying to gain help from Ellen DeGeneres, so please check them out.

Should you be going to WorldCon/LoneStarCon, please make sure to see the me. Here's my latest schedule.

Self-Promotion: Everything You Know about it Is Probably Wrong
Thursday 4:00 - 5:00pm

Best Practices from Booksellers
Thursday 9:00 - 10:00pm

Autographing: Steve Brust, James L. Cambias, Gini Koch, Jay Lake
Friday 12:00 - 1:00pm

How to Build a Successful Book Launch Campaign
Friday 8:00 - 9:00pm

What Will Replace Urban Fantasy?
Saturday 12:00 - 1:00pm

Space Opera: More than Mind Candy?
Saturday 4:00 - 5:00pm

Stroll with the Stars Monday
Monday 09:00 - 10:00am

That's it for today, but, as always, more's on the way. Oh, sure, it'll be on the way after Labor Day, but still on the way nonetheless. So, everyone have a wonderful rest of August, those who celebrate enjoy the Labor Day Weekend holiday, if you're going to WorldCon or DragonCon or WhateverCon this coming weekend be sure to have a blast, and let's be readers out there! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home