Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pre-Chicago Roundup

Hey there! Hope everyone had a great week last week, a wonderful weekend, and good Mondays. As a reminder, I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow and will be there and in the surrounding environs for a week, so it's unlikely I'll be doing another blog until sometime after I'm back, meaning in October. I know! How WILL you all survive? (Facebook, Twitter, realizing that I'll still check in faster than I did due to surgery, blah, blah, blah.)
But, exotic travel aside (hey, the Windy City is exotic as compared to Hell's Orientation Area), there's plenty going on to hold you all over until I return, so let's take a look at it, shall we? We shall!

First up, the Temporally Out of Order Kickstarter is going strong. There are plenty of great freebies and awards in a variety of support levels, so don't miss out on getting in on this anthology and all the free books and more. Also there are still tuckerizations available, including 2 of mine, so if you've ever wanted to be immortalized in my, or another author's, writings, now IS your time.

After you've checked out the Kickstarter, head on over to Beyond the Veil and see what cool author Jean Marie Ward has going on. Why am I highlighting Jean Marie? She's not only an awesome author, but she's also a stretch goal author for Temporally Out of Order. SF Signal also has a nice roundup of current Kickstarter anthologies available right now, including, of course, Temporally Out of Order. (Aha, see how it all ties together.)

Next up, see what Amazing Stories thought of Unidentified Funny Objects 3, particularly what they thought of my story in the anthology, "Live at the Scene". After that's whet your appetite, guess what? UFO3 is live at the scene in terms of being available in all eformats. And physical copies will be available October 1st! So if you missed out on the Kickstarter, you can still get the anthology now.

Then check out the 10 Webcomics i09 thinks would make great TV shows. In addition to some good ones, they list a great one -- Spacetrawler by my BFF, awesome author and artist Christopher Baldwin. Get introduced to a wide variety of cool comics out there for your reading pleasure and don't miss Spacetrawler!

IN PERSON UPDATES
I know, I just did this last week, but I already have more stuff to tell you about, so here we go!

CHICAGO AREA: September 25-30, 2014 -- Chicago area peeps, if you haven't let me know you're there yet, do so now. I'm setting up very impromptu stuff that I'll be letting you guys know about privately, so don't miss your (very rare) chance to see the me when I'm in your nape of the woods!

LOS ANGELES AREA: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 5pm -- mass signing for A Darke Phantastique anthology (signing as J.C. Koch), Mystery and Imagination & Bookfellows Bookstore, 238 N. Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91203  818-545-0206
NOTE: This bookstore doesn't carry my books (yet!) so if you're coming, bring any and all of the bookie wookies along to have them signed!

PHOENIX: Friday & Saturday, November 28 & 29, 2014 -- featured speaker at the MENSA RPG, Hilton Garden Inn, 4000 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012

PHOENIX: December 2, 2014, 7pm -- Universal Alien Release Day Signing and Party! Come get your copy of Universal Alien and help celebrate Book 10's release in style, with cake, readings, games and prizes! The Poisoned Pen, 4014 N. Goldwater Blvd., #101, Scottsdale, AZ 85251  480-947-2974 
I think Book 10 deserves this car!

SAN DIEGO: December 6, 2014, 2pm -- Universal Alien Signing and Party! Come get your copy of Universal Alien and help celebrate Book 10's release in style! Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore, 7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Ste. 302, San Diego, California 92111-1040  858-268-4747
NOTE: MG is moving and the location of this signing (and related activities) is subject to change therefore. But wherever MG is on Dec. 6th, so shall I be. :-D

LAS VEGAS AREA: December 13, 2014, time TBD -- Universal Alien Signing & Wycked Women Who Write Party! Come get your copy of Universal Alien and help celebrate Book 10's release by partying with some of the Wyked Women Who Write (moi, T.L. Smith, and Sharon Skinner) while we regale you with our writing awesomeness! Barnes & Noble Bookstore, 567 North Stephanie, Henderson, NV 89014  702-434-1533

SAN DIEGO: Friday-Sunday, January 23rd-25th, 2015 -- Faculty, San Diego State University Writer's Conference, San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, 8757 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, California 92108  619-692-3800

Well, that's it for today but, as always, more's on the way. But not until October (barring earth-shaking news which, as you know, I'll share with all y'all immediately if not sooner). So, get down with your bad selves while I'm gone, and let's be readers out there. Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the far flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home