Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Yap Talks Mysterious Aliens

Happy Hump Day! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. I am, and there's much going on, including something I promised all y'all last week, so let's get to it, shall we? We shall!

First up, the Yap is large and in charge over at the Abaddon Books Blog where I'm talking about my favorite mystery anthology, Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets...and how I met my editor.

After you learn yet another one of my not-so-secret secrets, head over to SF Signal where I'm in a Mind Meld about Successful Alien Characters. Join the discussion over there and talk about the aliens you think work and those who don't.

Next up, let's check out some reviews. See what Falcata Times thought of Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets, and what The BookBeard's Blog thought of my story, All the Single Ladies, in particular. Then see what DAW Books Review and K.D. Did It Takes On Books thought of Alien Research.

Speaking of Alien Research, remember to do your girl a solid and pre-order Universal Alien from any physical bookstore or online retailer. Yes, pre-orders matter, more and more. Even if you plan to come get your bookie wookie at one of my Book Tour stops, pre-order it from that bookstore. It helps them, it helps me, it helps DAW, and it ensures your book is there for YOU and you alone. Not in the states I'll be for the Tour? Not to worry -- you can always pre-order AND get your books signed at every bookstore I'll be hitting, and most of them ship for free or very little.

Now for some exciting news, though it's not exactly new news. However, it bears repeating, as so many things do. I'll have my next Alien series short, Alien Pick-Up, in the November issue of Penumbra eMagazine. Mark your calendars, and to avoid missing out, why not get a subscription to Penumbra today? You'll get a monthly set of great short stories set around cool themes, from current and up-and-coming authors. Truly not to be missed! Especially the November issue...just sayin'...and, of course the May and July issues which contained Alien on the Runway and Mr. Dash Saves the World. And yes, you can get all the back issues of Penumbra, including the ones I'm in, directly from their website.

Speaking of exciting news -- I'm going to be part of a boxed set coming out November 17th, alongside awesome authors Caris Roane, Jordan Summers, Vivi Anna, Marsheila Rockwell & Jeff Mariotte, and Sasha White. So, get ready for Sensational Six:  Action and Adventure in Sci Fi, Fantasy, and Paranormal
Romance! I'll give you more details soon, but get ready, 'cause it's gonna be awesome and you won't want to miss out on this one!


And now, something you've all been waiting for -- the next contest! In honor of my many anthologies out and coming out, and because the editor of Unidentified Funny Objects 3 is awesome and sent me some extra books for giveaways, we're gonna do a giveaway! BUT, as always, it's for my Hook Me Up! subscribers only. Not on? Rectify immediately if not sooner, by sending an email to gini@ginikoch.com with "Hook Me Up!" in the subject line. You'll be in with the in crowd, get the rules, and be able to get the winning going!

That's it for today, but as always, more's on the way. So enjoy the downward slide toward the weekend, get your entries going because this is just the start of the contests that'll be coming, and let's be winning readers out there! Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home