Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pop Culture and the Cosmos

Happy Thursday!

I know, I know -- two months of literal silence, and now you're hearing from me regularly again. Well, there's just a lot going on right now. Though, trust me, the Cone of Silence is going to descend again soon. But it's not fully covering me yet, so let's get to things, shall we? We shall!

Heading to the movies this weekend? Check out my review of Zootopia over at Slice of SciFi and see if it's right for you. Speaking of Slice, we're branching out and adding a sister site, Pop Culture Geeks. Which means that I and the other reviewers just got to add a whole lot of other movies into our reviewing queues.

So, check out the sleek new site and my reviews for Hail, Caesar!, Zoolander 2, Risen, and Race. And, as with Slice, if you agree, disagree, or want to discuss the movies, join in the conversation over at PCG!

After pop culture fun, it's time for some science! The New York Times shares that gravitational waves have been detected that confirm Einstein's theory. Per Earth/Sky there's also good evidence for a ninth planet -- no, not poor Pluto, but one that sounds quite a lot like what H.P. Lovecraft said was out there. And Space.com shares what Kitty and Company already know -- that our universe is just one of many.

Reminder that the Kickstarter for Unidentified Funny Objects 5 is going on right now. As of Day Three of the Kickstarter I have only one tuckerization left, so if you want to be a character in my Steampunk Alien series and get a role in "The Problem With Poofs", head over now. If you just want to get in and fund a really cool anthology so you get the book first, head over now. If you like funny science fiction and fantasy, head over now. Basically, head over now!

As you may know, I hit Motley Crue's last tour. There are a lot of pics shared by Talking Stick Arena including a few of mine! So, if you didn't get to see the All Bad Things tour, take a look -- it was pretty darned awesome.


The Galaxy Express 2.0 has a list of twenty SFR properties that should be adapted for TV or movies. I fully support this initiative! In fact, I share who I think should play whom over at My Book, The Movie. And, if you agree, or have other ideas for who should play what, hit The If List and add in your votes.

And, last but not least, for all you mystery fans, alt. Sherlock Holmes: New Visions of the Great Detective featuring my novella, "A Study in Starlets" is available for pre-order right now. The pre-order only shows the ebook, but for all those who prefer to hold the bookie wookie in their hands, physical books will be available as well and the pre-order for that should be up soon. You can also get just "A Study in Starlets", in ebook only, a well. I know, so many options!

That's it for today but, as always, more's on the way. So let's be pop culture purveyors out there. Peace out, my li'l gangstas, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love sherlock holmes stories! Congratulations!

March 6, 2016 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Gini Koch said...

Thank you! I hope you enjoy mine! :-D

March 9, 2016 at 1:27 AM  
Anonymous A Whimsical Wonderland said...

I ennjoyed reading your post

January 28, 2024 at 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home